Introduction to Beekeeping Group Presentations
Work as a group to create a self-running presentation. See the instruction sheet below.
Topics by table #:
- What is the difference between a “super” and a “brood box” or “deep”. What are the different sizes? How many frames go inside? Talk about both the appearance and also the use of these by the beekeeper.
- Which piece of equipment is drone comb and what is it used for? How is drone comb different from a regular frame? What is the difference between “plastic foundation” and “wax foundation”?
- Does the color of the hive matter? Where should you put the division board feeder the hive? When and why should you use a queen excluder? Why do we use a “screened bottom board”?
- What do you use as material in the smoker? How do you light the smoker? How do you know when the smoker is lit correctly? How do you correctly use it at the hive? What are the various tasks that can be done with a hive tool?
- What is an entrance reducer? When should you use an entrance reducer? When should it be removed? Why is there an entrance at both the bottom and top of a hive? Which way around should the notch in the inner cover face?
- What is a “nucleus colony” or a “nuc”? What is a “package of bees”? How else can a beekeeper get new bees or increase the number of hives they have?
Example Flower Presentation
|File Size:||10002 kb|